Imagine building a house using extremely high-quality materials and not having to worry about repairs for quite some time. Some of the best materials that builders can use have been around for a long time and they have proven to be durable. Of course, these materials will also make the house stand apart from others in style, beauty, and value.
Here are the high-quality materials that we recommend for any homeowner’s next remodeling project:
• Hardwood - Hardwood has been around for centuries and it looks wonderful on the floor and walls. It can also be made into beautiful and unique furniture pieces. By taking preventative measures and maintaining the wood regularly, homeowners can enjoy everything made from hardwood for decades.
• Tiles - Tile can be found on the floors and walls of kitchens and bathrooms in many houses. Tile is easy to install and clean and it is also nice to look at. Once the grout begins to get dirty or loose in between the tiles, the tiles can be removed, polished and re-installed. If the tiles are maintained properly, they can last for hundreds of years.
• Masonry - Many homeowners want their houses to make a good first impression and the outside of the house is the first thing that people see. To make a statement, we recommend using stone or brick instead of regular siding for covering the outside of the house. The stone or brick will last much longer than traditional siding materials.
• Metal Roofing - The new metal roofs are much better than they were a hundred years ago. They used to be noisy and the cold could get through into the house. The new metal roofs insulate the house as well as an asphalt roof would and there is no noise when it rains. The metal roof looks much nicer than traditional roofs and it will last longer as well. Consider metal accent roofing as well. Copper roofing makes a real statement on gables and other similar accent parts of the roof.
• Copper Guttering and Downspouts - Copper gutters are more durable than vinyl, aluminum and wood gutters. They also give the house a more unique and stylish appearance, which will set the house apart from the rest in the neighborhood.
We know that if homeowners follow these tips when they are remodeling, they will be able to enjoy the results for many years in the future. Friends and family will admire the unique qualities of the house and the house will sell quickly if it is ever listed for sale. High-quality materials carry a higher price tag, but they are very well worth the added cost because they look absolutely amazing.
@Design Remodel specializes in bathroom and kitchen remodeling, but we also enjoy whole home remodeling projects and other projects as well. Give us a call at 508-477-9003 if you are in the Cape Cod area and would like to schedule an appointment for a design consultation for your upcoming remodeling project.