Remodeling Process & Phases
By following a defined and proven process, we’re able to minimize surprises and ensure that your remodeling process is as smooth as possible and delivered on time and as quoted. Throughout our nearly 20 years of experience remodeling homes on Cape Cod, we have developed a system that provides the best possible experience for homeowners.
This system results in the highest quality remodeling project and the most value for your budget, while minimizing disruptions to your home and your life.
Don’t worry if you’re not a an expert when it comes to home remodeling. Every project follows our 5-Phase Process so you know exactly what to expect at every step.
- In-home consultation.
- We learn about the ideas you have for your project and what is important to you.
- We provide budget guidance and financing options.
- We share a range of costs for similar projects we have completed in your area.
- We provide you with information on our design build process, including scheduling and payments.
- If we seem like a good fit for one another, we will move onto the Design & Planning Phase.
- We meet with you to outline the overall scope of work for your project.
- We discuss your styles, tastes, and preferences.
- We meet with you at our Partner Showrooms so you can see your choices and start to narrow down your preferences. We will explain the benefits of different products and which may suit you and your project best.
- Our team will develop a proposal for your new project.
- We will recommend fixtures and fittings.
- Development of an initial project timeline.
- Proposal includes all components, subcontractors, and line items.
- Your proposal will be turn-key, and you officially become our client and a part of the @designREMODEL family with a signed contract and initial deposit.
- In some cases, we may present multiple options.
- For more detailed projects, a design retainer may be requested so we can dedicate the proper resources to develop the best design solution for you.
- Once you have signed your contract, we place your project on our schedule.
- We provide you with an updated timeline.
- We review your contract, scope of work, and selections with our trade partners and project teams.
- We order materials and create material and task lists for your project.
- Once product orders are placed and construction is ready to begin, we draft a working schedule.
- Review the project scope and details one more time.
- We explain to you what you can expect during your project and answer any questions you may have.
- Most of the tricky decisions have been made, and now the fun begins!
- We remain fully committed until your project is complete.
- We keep your home clean and safe every day.
- We follow our plan, and keep you informed and up to date.
- Your home is under our care and expert guidance, and your project is managed professionally.
- At @designREMODEL, we appreciate how stressful it can be to live through a home remodel, so we take every step we can to make the process more comfortable for you. We are always available to answer questions and keep you happy and confident about your new project.
- Congratulations! You can sit back and enjoy your newly transformed home.
- Final walk through and checklist completion.
- Thorough job site cleaning.
- We provide you with all documentation, including product information, manuals, and warranty paperwork.
- We leave you with our contact information so you can always call us with questions or just to say Hi.
- We love building lifetime relationships with our clients, so we look forward to keeping in touch.
"From the design and actual building stage I never had to worry about a thing when you started the work on our home, I could continue with my own responsibilities knowing that you would take care of everything. As always you handled everything with true professionalism."
Eric and Charlene Shea, Mashpee MA