Flooring is the most used part of your house and it is something that usually needs to be replaced after a while. Sometimes a person thinks that they know what type of flooring they need or want until they find out that it will not work with their family and lifestyle. Here are 6 tips for choosing the perfect flooring:
1. Hardwood floors are the ones that are chosen most often, because they are durable and easy to clean. They can also be refinished many times if they become damaged. However, all of these positive things have a negative side and that is the fact that hardwood floors can be expensive to purchase and install.
2. Laminate wood floors are much cheaper to install than hardwood floors and they are just as easy to clean. They look like real wood and have a veneer finish on top.
3. Bamboo is one of the newer flooring options that is available and this flooring is very tough and durable. The pattern of the bamboo flooring is determined by how the bamboo is formed together into each plank.
4. The cork flooring is made from the bark of a tree and it has a natural and warm appearance. The pattern is quite unique with grain patterns that feature whirls and speckles.
5. Ceramic tiles are available in many shapes, sizes and colors and they can be used to create customized patterns. Certain ceramic tiles can be slippery, so you will want to choose one that meets the slip resistance standards for safety.
6. Carpeting has been popular for many years and it makes a room feel nice and cozy. There are many different types of carpeting available and you will want to choose the one that feels good under your feet. Just remember that carpet will trap dirt and dust, which will make it look worn after a short period of time. Also, if anyone has allergies, carpeting will not keep the allergens out of the house.
There is never a right or wrong flooring choice, because it is dependent on the person who is making the decision. You will need to choose the flooring that works best for you and your family and that will hold up the longest with your lifestyle. Give us a call at @Design Remodel if you’re in the mood to update the flooring throughout your home and make it more comfortable and attractive. You can reach us at 508-477-9003 or contact us through our website.