Sometimes the perfect house doesn’t have the perfect layout. You may love the neighborhood, the architectural style of the home, the landscaping, the price, and everything… except the layout. That’s where we can help. Many new homeowners in the Cape Cod area have discovered the beauty of buying an old bungalow, or an old Victorian home, and simply remodeling the entire interior to create perfection. Let’s take a look at some of the ways we can help you improve your almost perfect home before you move in.
1. Remodel the Kitchen: Open up the floor plan and improve flow through the kitchen, dining room, and living room.
2. Remodel the Bathrooms: Update all of those fixtures and fittings in secondary bathrooms, and create an amazing master suite that includes the master bedroom, closet, and bath.
3. Replacement of Windows: Most old windows are single pane. If you’re purchasing a home that has been remodeled in the last 20 years, it may have double paned windows, but you may need to replace them anyway due to aging or trapped moisture between the glass.
4. Replacement of Doors: Old entry doors can be amazingly beautiful – or they can be amazingly drafty and horrible. New entry doors give you the opportunity to also add surrounds to the entryway and design something that’s uniquely you.
5. Discover Flooring: Remove the old carpet and you may be surprised to find hardwood underneath. Many homeowners in the 70s and 80s covered gorgeous hardwood flooring with carpet. With professional sanding and finishing, your floors can really sparkle.
6. Repair Walls: We would repair all damage to the walls unless we’re removing the walls anyway to open the floor plan. All remaining walls will likely need to be repaired and painted.
7. Closets: Remove plastic or metal closet systems and create new custom closet systems that meet your individual needs.
8. Remove and Replace Trim and Doors: Often times replacing the interior doors and trim can have a dramatic effect on the appearance of your home.
9. Paint the Exterior: A lot of older homes have wood siding which will likely need to be painted. All trim should be painted to tie various aspects of the curb appeal together.
10. Mechanical Systems: Most remodelers don’t take care of your mechanical systems, but we do. We can have our experts assess the hot water system, and the HVAC system to make sure they are in proper working order. We can replace them if they are not functional.
Give us a call at 508-477-9003 if you’re on Cape Cod and you’re considering purchasing a home that you love, but you aren’t in love with the existing floor plan or decor. We will schedule an appointment for a consultation and get the ball rolling on creating a home of your dreams.