We, like other homeowners, often become thoughtful during the holiday season and as we approach the beginning of the New Year. We see people make unrealistic New Year’s resolutions and end up failing; and it’s usually the same people year after year. You probably have similar experiences each time the calendar switches from December to January. So today we’re going to share 10 amazing whole home remodeling ideas and trends that you’ll want to carry into 2016. It’s easier than changing your entire lifestyle to lose those few extra pounds, after all.
1. USB Charging Ports – Every family member, it seems, always has some type of electronic device in need of a charging port. USB charging stations are very useful in the kitchen, family room, office, and bedrooms.
2. Floating Shelving – Floating shelves are available in a variety of types. The most common type attaches to the wall seemingly without supports. The other type, which is gaining popularity, hangs from chain or ropes from the ceiling or other support.
3. Eco-Friendliness – Everyone is watching their carbon footprint and working diligently to reduce their energy consumption. Be mindful of the types of materials used as well as where they come from and whether they are sustainable.
4. Downsizing – Reducing clutter and downsizing the amount of stuff you own is another very popular trend we’re seeing move toward 2016. People want to simplify their lives and homes, and throwing out that third old set of pots and pans seems to help.
5. Curbless Shower – Get rid of the shower stall and clunky curb that you are always stumping your toe on anyway, and tile the entire shower area. Install a curved shower rod or leave the entire space open.
6. Steam Shower – Steam opens the pores, unblocks sinuses, and relaxes tired muscles. A steam shower is an excellent addition to your bathroom.
7. Standalone Tub – A standalone tub can be installed anywhere, it doesn’t have to share space with the shower and the toilet. Consider installing it in the dressing room or in your private sitting area in the master suite.
8. Heated Flooring – Cape Cod area winters get cold; much colder than we’ve seen in recent weeks anyway. Radiant heat flooring in the bathroom and kitchen is the perfect way to keep your feet warm throughout winter.
9. Colorful Appliances – We generally don’t recommend going with trendy colors for appliances because trends change so often. The trendiest color in kitchen appliances right now and going into 2016 is cobalt blue, which is a pretty amazing color for the kitchen.
10. True Customization – The Internet has opened so many avenues for custom tile, light fixtures, drawer pulls, light switch faceplates, etc… Homeowners are turning to small online shops and websites that sell handmade products for amazing custom pieces for every room in the home.
Remodeling your home is no small undertaking. We understand how exciting, amazing, and frustrating it can be; how overwhelming you may feel at times. We will work with you to create the home you deserve so that you fall in love with your home all over again.
The most important thing you can do is choose a trusted contractor on Cape Cod to remodel your home. We know the area. We know what to expect. We know how to handle the cold winter weather. Give us a call at 508-477-9003 to discuss your upcoming project, an existing project, or the possibility of working with us. We’ll schedule an appointment for a consultation and show you why we’re the best choice for your project!